Withdrawal from a Course

Until the final day for authorized withdrawal from courses, (for an exact date, see the academic calendar), a student may withdraw from a course without penalty and will receive the grade of "WX." After that date, a student seeking authorized withdrawal without penalty must petition the Dean of his or her college, who has sole authority to grant withdrawals without penalty.  Examples of valid reasons for a petition include unexpected emergency situations, significant medical concerns (documentation required).

Note that withdrawals without permission will receive a "W" grade, which is calculated as an "F" in computing one's quality point average.