Villanova University is committed to maintaining the total level of funding if the Expected Family Contribution remains similar from year to year. However individual components within the total funding package may change.
Need-based eligibility, including the Villanova University Grant could be affected (reduced or entirely removed) if the following circumstances occur in subsequent years:
- Any increase or decrease in the number of members in the household
- Any increase or decrease in the number of family members enrolled as full-time undergraduate students at a Title IVeligible college/university
- Receipt of outside aid (e.g. scholarships, state grants, tuition remission)
- Change in enrollment status from full-time to part-time
- Any increase or decrease in family income and/or assets
- The graduation, withdrawal or change to less than full-time enrollment from an undergraduate college, university orbusiness, trade or technical school by members in the household. (A family’s choice to continue to fund graduate education for a sibling cannot be considered.)
- Change in housing status
- Student’s enrollment after 8 semesters (4 years)
Questions about how these circumstances could affect your aid should be addressed to the Office of Financial Assistance. We invite you to make an appointment to speak with a financial aid counselor if you anticipate there will be changes in the future so you can consider how that could affect your family’s ability to pay for the entire academic period at Villanova.